Monday 14 June 2010

Hip Hop Monday with Ippity :)

Welcome to the hop! If it's your first time, well you're in good company, because it's mine too! I am very excited to be taking part. I first came across Ippity Stamps when I was blog-meandering one day, earlier this year and I came across Emily at Ippity Inspiration and saw the ippity stamps and totally and utterly fell in love with them! They are cute, but not sickly cute, and have a collection of some of the most thought provoking and wonderful sentiments and sayings. The fonts used are so appealing, from traditional to retro, to downright funky : D lol, did I mention that I love them?! anyways I could go on and on and on, but I hear you say, forget all that, where is your make for today???????????

So without further ado, here it is:

(btw, I have changed sentiment in the bottom pic as first didn't show up so well - same card but different!)


IHHC27

The challenge was to use fabric/canvas in the design. This is my first attempt at making a card with sewing!!! I used scrap materials and distressed them a little, stamped the heart (Devoted- {ippity}) for the middle of the flower and sentiment (Just wanted to say -{ippity}) onto fabric and cut round them. The flower is made with scrunched patterned paper. I added a  little butterfly embellishment (parchment). I also used a bit of raffia under the sentiment to add more texture and interest. My card stock is the new Razzleberry from SU and some Kraft from my stash.
I hope you like it! You will find the complete list of  hop participants over at {ippity}  Next stop is Christy at Lone Pine Designs  :)

Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card with lots of texture in the fabrics! Welcome to your first {ippity} hop and hope to see your creativity every Monday! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the hop! love all the texture! i couldn't see this over at splitcoast last night or i would have left you a comment there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the challenge card! So glad you have joined us on the Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! Welcome to the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card. love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card for the hop : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO very beautiful and artsy! and unique as can be, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete